Job Description: BlackHouse is currently seeking an experienced, full-time Executive Assistant to assist the executive team in the NYC area. This is an exciting opportunity at a fast-paced, growing production agency. The ideal candidate will have agency experience and demonstrate a broad range of skills including, production communications, office administration, scheduling, operations and logistics. The candidate must have strong organizational skills and be detail-oriented with a high degree of professionalism and discretion. Requires strong time management skills while thinking critically and creatively. Candidates must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively with clients and founders. Daily tasks breakdown to approximately 60% professional and 40% personal duties. This position has the opportunity for growth and the ideal candidate will be motivated and want to grow with the company.
Responsibilities: Provide support to both company founders with market research, training staff, and managing all pertinent calendar(s) with alertness to agendas, deadlines, and possible conflicts.
- Managing the calendar, phone, email, and mail correspondence for two executives.
- Assist executive team with task management via Asana platform.
- Book all travel for the executive team creating detailed itineraries for production schedules and meetings with ancillary production departments.
- Assist with the development of presentations by updating spreadsheets and proofreading documents, agendas and decks.
- Attend all necessary team and client meetings for the duration of the project, taking all relevant meeting notes in the proper document format and archiving all materials on the internal server.
- Print and/or scan materials for client meetings including loading files on iPads & USB drives as needed.
- Handle all shipping needs.
- Solve minor technical tasks (i.e., WIFI).
- Assist with meal planning including grocery shopping, picking up meals and delivery orders.
- Coordinate scheduling of household tasks and hiring outside vendors for CEO and President.
- Assist with setting up accounts (i.e., a virtual mailbox).
- Personal shopping and other light errands.
- Assist with personal event planning (i.e., CEO’s birthday celebration).
Other special projects will arise with responsibilities as needed.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- Bachelor’s Required.
- Experience in A/V, Set Design, Stage Management, Technical Direction is a plus.
- Experience in supportive roles at a Start-Up is a plus.
- Must have strong research skills and written and verbal communication skills, including proofreading.
- Experience working in cross-functional departments (sales, events, external partners) ideal.
- Strong skills required in Microsoft Office and Google Office Apps including Drive, Calendar, Forms, Sheets and Slides preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, and Canva are a plus.
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed (overtime pay will be provided).
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- Ability to work in a group environment or independently, with little supervision.
- The enthusiasm with an entrepreneurial spirit looking for an environment that challenges and rewards you.
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Commitment and follow-through on delegated tasks.
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker.
How to Apply: Send Resume to email@example.com