Job Type: Part-time / No medical benefits
Work Environment : 20 hours per week, 2-3 days in person at BlackHouse Offices
Location: Long Island City, NY
BlackHouse is a NYC based Women and Black owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a Tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
Our vision is to create a unique and authentic work environment that allows our tribe to flourish – both individually and in their teams. It is our mission to create meaningful experiences for our employees that bring them value both professionally and personally.
Administration & Operations
- Performs clerical duties including typing, filing, and completion of simple forms
- Operate office machines including copiers, scanners, printers, phone and voicemail systems, personal computers, and other standard office equipment
- Sort incoming mail / packages and deliver to appropriate department or individual; create electronic scans if needed for distribution to remote Tribe members; processes any outgoing mail or packages
- Assist with drafting and updating departmental processes and workflows
- Research special projects, vendors, and supplies as assigned by the Operations Manager and BlackHouse Senior Management
- Assist with maintaining the vendor database
- Draft | Update departmental documents and templates with BlackHouse branding
- Assist Operations Manager with BlackHouse inventory coordination and logistics for projects as needed
- Maintain hospitality area of the office, including replenishing stock, keeping the area organized, tidy and help to maintain cleanliness
- Make local trips / runs to stores for purchases (i.e. Trader Joe’s, Home Depot, Staples) as needed
- Coordinate online purchases for office operations in tandem with the Operations Manager
- Help to organize, color coordinate and label supplies in BH storage unit
- Work on ad hoc requests as required
- Passion for Helping: You thrive in a collaborative space and enjoy assisting in all aspects of helping your team thrive. You have a drive and dedication to a fast-paced, high pressure agency environment. You are detail oriented, resourceful and have a clear understanding of logistics and willing to roll up your sleeves to help get the job done. Creating to-do lists, conducting inventory, and product purchasing excites you. You are able to shift between multiple projects at a given time.
- Self Starter: You take the lead in getting things done, as well as figuring out what needs to be done. You are a multi-tasker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual.
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, and bring positivity and forward momentum to any team you join.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Take initiative, multi-task, and work positively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to accept direction and required to be comfortable and flexible with evolving priorities
- Work with discretion, diplomacy, confidentiality, and tact in high-pressure settings
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and act responsively
- Work independently, as well as within a team environment
- Supremely organized, detail-oriented, and thorough
Required Knowledge and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree and/or production experience is a plus
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated evidence of successful teamwork
- Professional demeanor
- Calm and flexible approach to handling the pressure and stress of ever-changing demands
- Proficient in Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms) and Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Asana a plus
- Knowledge of DocHub a plus
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be vaccinated for Covid-19