BlackHouse is a NYC based Women & Black owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
Our vision is to create a unique and authentic work environment that allows our tribe to flourish – both individually and in their teams. It is our mission to create meaningful experiences for our employees that bring them value both professionally and personally.
BlackHouse is looking for an experienced Project Manager with a background in live and virtual events. The Project Manager is responsible for planning and execution of production deliverables throughout the event production process, such as budgeting, pre-production planning, logistics, sourcing non-technical vendors, on-site management and post-production reporting. The PM is the main point of contact with the venue and manages communications with the client. Candidates must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively with our clients and tribe.
- Collaborate with the Production Manager and team to manage and coordinate all aspects of the event from concept, design, production and event delivery.
- Clearly communicate event project scope, schedules, deliverable dates, project status/action items, and any other relevant information – both to the client as well as the internal and external event teams. Listens to all partners, consulting where necessary, before making decisions.
- Project management utilizing the agency’s chosen software, ASANA for client projects and internal operations.
- Sourcing, negotiating and managing site selections, contract management for venues and suppliers
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely manner and clearly articulated to the tribe.
- Prepare internal and external written briefings for clients and for tribe implementation, including run-of-show, production schedules, and scripts as needed and pro-actively debrief project elements when completed.
- Draft, review, & distribute RFPs for services per Production Manager direction and solicit bids for pricing from selected vendors/venues.
- Create and/or assist with client presentations, show flows, production schedules, contact lists, event layouts and production binders.
- Manage and track the production budget. Oversee all spending to ensure fiscal responsibility; organize and reconcile project expenses in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies.
- Attend BlackHouse meetings including post-production meetings, client meetings, site visits, and vendor shop visits as needed.
- Follow all company policies within the handbook as they relate to policy, procedure and general conduct. .
- Build excellent relations with the team through positive communications.
- Post event wrap up including final attendees, budget reconciliation, observations, suggestions for following year, Event surveys, as well as client de-briefs for year over year improvements.
- Mentor and support other team members as needed.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs
- Operations & Project Management Mindset: You are a list person and love to be organized, strategic, process and results driven. You can take an idea and create a plan through implementation…
- Passion for Production: You have a love for all aspects of events and care deeply about guest experience, client satisfaction, and your teams. You have a drive and dedication to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure agency environment.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who takes the lead in getting things done as well as figuring out what needs to be done. You are a multi-tasker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Clear Communicator: You have outstanding presentation skills and are able to communicate project management strategy verbally and written. You are able to give your teams concise direction and hold staff accountable. At times you are firm…yet fun!
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual.
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, and bring positivity and forward momentum to any team you join.
- People Obsessed: You have a passion for deeply understanding clients, staff, and vendors. You are a born problem solver & have an empathetic approach to management.
- Budget Savvy: You have the ability to develop spreadsheets, crunch numbers, analyze formulas, and cost shift all while maintaining the overall budget.
- 3 – 7 years’ Event Management experience.
- Motivated, self-starter, ability to work independently and project plan; ability to think innovatively
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; proven ability to work well under pressure to meet established deadlines.
- Leadership/influencing/negotiation and decision-making skills.
- Resourceful individual with the ability to take direction and work independently; be proactive with ideas and creative solutions.
- Customer focus, approachable; ability to adjust to client needs and style and deepen relationships in support of their programs; adapt to ever changing demands and different client work styles.
- Proficient in G Suite.
- Ambitious, proactive and highly organized.
- Strong client management skills.
- A calm and flexible approach to handling pressure and stress.
- Willing to travel to various locations for site-visits and on-site management of events.