Job Description: BlackHouse is looking for an experienced Senior event producer with a background in live and virtual events. The Senior event producer is responsible for the management and execution of all production deliverables throughout the event production process, such as budgeting, pre-production planning, logistics, sourcing vendors, on-site management and post-production reporting. The Senior event producer will manage a team of staff, leading them to deliver events that are ambitious and exceptional. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a diverse clientele, from the corporate, brand, and non-profit sectors both remotely and at the BlackHouse office. Candidates must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively with our clients and tribe.
- Collaborate with the Creative Event Director & Production Director to manage and coordinate all aspects of events from concept through to brief, ideation and event delivery.
- Clearly communicate event project scope, schedules, deliverable dates, project status/action items, and any other relevant information – both to the client as well as the internal event team. Listens to all partners, consulting where necessary, before making decisions.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely manner and clearly articulated to the tribe.
- Prepare internal and external written briefings for clients and for tribe implementation, including run-of-show, production schedules, and scripts as needed and pro-actively debrief project elements when completed.
- Draft & distribute RFPs for services per Creative Event Director/Production Director direction and solicit bids for pricing from selected vendors/venues.
- Create and/or assist with client presentations, show flows, production schedules, contact lists, event layouts and production binders.
- Build and manage the production budget. Oversee all spending to ensure fiscal responsibility; organize and reconcile project expenses in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies.
- Clearly dictate needs and specificities to printers, production designers and installers and oversee the quality control, safety and effectiveness of installations, fabrications, load-ins and load out.
- Support the procurement of permits, civic documents and all other permits/paperwork for events.
- Attend/facilitate BlackHouse meetings including post-production meetings, client meetings, site visits, and vendor shop visits as needed.
- Develop team by effectively leading across departments, providing inspiration and tools to unite them within BlackHouse’s company culture, values and concepts.
- Establish event quality standards that exceed the desires of BlackHouse clients while maintaining a professional standard and demeanor for all working situations (in office, on-site, remote/calls etc).
- Follow all company policies within the handbook as they relate to policy, procedure and general conduct.
- Serve as production lead with all vendors including venue, catering, internal creative team, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer and staffing.
- Manage the load-in / load-out of all production equipment and vendors.
- Manage onsite production meetings, phone calls, video meetings and rehearsals.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- An authentic sense of style and creativity.
- Trustworthy self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Driven professional with commitment and follow – through.
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker.
- A minimum of 7 years experience as an Executive Producer for live events and 1 year for virtual events.
- Production, Project and Client Management Experience – 4 years (Agency Experience Required).
- Experience as a Hybrid Event producer is a plus.
- Client-facing experience; ability to advise, consult, and resolve any conflict that may arise while still protecting the client relationship.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations and maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
- Strong pitch, presentation, communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience in maintaining positive relationships with technical production vendors and deep knowledge of market fair pricing on equipment and labor positions.
- Strong negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Must be comfortable managing a large team of skilled and highly experienced department leads.
- Knowledge of all technical production disciplines including; virtual platforms, website development, audio, video, lighting, power, internet/networking and scenic/carpentry.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Familiarity with major webinar and virtual meeting platforms (Hopin, bizaboo, WebEx, Zoom, GoToMeeting, vMix, intrado) as well as customized platforms.
- Strong skills required in Google Office Apps Suite
- Familiar with both Mac/PC (Preferred).
- Availability to work evenings, weekends and willing to travel as needed.