Salary: $80k-$90k per year
Job Type: Full-time / Flex Time + PTO
Number of hires for this role: 1
BlackHouse is a women and minority owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
BlackHouse is looking for an experienced Sr.Creative Producer with a background in live and virtual events. As Sr. Creative Producer, you will contribute to the creative processes for both our internal projects and our client events, build future-forward creative solutions and inspirational work in the live and hybrid event industry. Your role will be a hybrid position focusing on creative and production management. Every day will be different, challenging and focused on creative projects that meet KPIs. One day you might be ideating new ways to visualize BlackHouse’s services, another day you will be thinking of how to design a custom stage, and the next day you will working on a production schedule.
The Sr. Creative Producer is responsible for the management and execution of all production deliverables throughout the production process, such as budgeting, pre-production planning, logistics, sourcing vendors, on-site management and post-production reporting. The Sr. Producer will manage a team of staff, leading them to deliver events that are ambitious and exceptional. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with a diverse clientele, from the corporate, brand, and non-profit sectors both remotely and at the BlackHouse office. Candidates must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively with our clients and tribe.
- Collaborate with the Creative Director to develop and evolve scalable creative, including templates for one sheets, social media posts, and marketing collateral.
- Assist with creating visually stunning client pitch presentations, adapting and customizing business proposals in alignment with our agency’s brand/style guidelines.
- Collaborate with Creative Director, Business Development director for the creative aspects of BlackHouse’s digital presence, working with the marketing team to maintain our portfolio work on our website, social media, and industry pages such as the Vendry.
- Ability to storyboard and lead creative brainstorms that successfully communicate strategies and criteria for implementation of client’s vision.
- Collaborate with the Production Director and team to manage and coordinate all aspects of events from concept, design, production and event delivery.
- Clearly communicate event project scope, schedules, deliverable dates, project status/action items, and any other relevant information – both to the client as well as the internal and external event teams. Listens to all partners, consulting where necessary, before making decisions.
- Project management utilizing agency’s chosen software for client projects and internal operations.
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely manner and clearly articulated to the tribe.
- Prepare internal and external written briefings for clients and for tribe implementation, including run-of-show, production schedules, and scripts as needed and pro-actively debrief project elements when completed.
- Draft, Review, & Distribute RFPs for services per Creative Event Director/Production Director direction and solicit bids for pricing from selected vendors/venues.
- Create and/or assist with client presentations, show flows, production schedules, contact lists, event layouts and production binders.
- Build and manage the production budget. Oversee all spending to ensure fiscal responsibility; organize and reconcile project expenses in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies.
- Clearly dictate needs and specificities to printers, production designers and installers and oversee the quality control, safety and effectiveness of installations, fabrications, load-ins and loadout.
- Support the procurement of permits, civic documents and all other permits/paperwork for events.
- Attend/facilitate BlackHouse meetings including post-production meetings, client meetings, site visits, and vendor shop visits as needed.
- Develop a team by effectively leading across departments, providing inspiration and tools to unite them within BlackHouse’s company culture, values and concepts.
- Hospitality Management
- Establish event quality standards that exceed the desires of BlackHouse clients while maintaining a professional standard and demeanor for all working situations (in office, on-site, remote/calls etc).
- Follow all company policies within the handbook as they relate to policy, procedure and general conduct.
- Attend industry events and cultivate professional relationships with peers, vendors, and venues.
- Collaborate with the production team to develop and maintain a comprehensive database of venues and vendors.
- Contribute to the development of production practices, policies and standards.
- Continually research industry trends to stay creative and innovative.
- Serve as creative & production lead with all vendors including creative partners, venue, catering, internal creative team, décor, fabricators, audio, lighting, photographer | videography and staffing.
- Manage the load-in / load-out of all production equipment and vendors.
- Manage onsite production meetings, phone calls, video meetings and rehearsals.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- An authentic sense of style and creativity.
- Trustworthy self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Driven professional with commitment and follow – through.
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker.
- Collaborative skills with proven experience working creatively with producers, technical directors, show directors, graphic designers, motion graphic designers, film producers and video editors to bring stories beautifully to life for live events
- A minimum of 7 years experience as an Creative Producer or Sr. Producer for live events and 1 year for virtual events.
- Production, Project and Client Management Experience – 4 years (Agency Experience Required).
- Experience as a Hybrid Event producer is a plus.
- Client-facing experience; ability to advise, consult, and resolve any conflict that may arise while still protecting the client relationship.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations and maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
- Strong pitch, presentation, communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extensive experience in maintaining positive relationships with technical production vendors and deep knowledge of market fair pricing on equipment and labor positions.
- Strong negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Must be comfortable managing a large team of skilled and highly experienced department leads.
- Knowledge of all technical production disciplines including; virtual platforms, website development, audio, video, lighting, power, internet/networking and scenic/carpentry.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, SketchUp, Photoshop, and Illustrator is a plus.
- Familiarity with major webinar and virtual meeting platforms (Intrado WebEx, Zoom, vMix, Hopin) as well as customized platforms.
- Strong skills required in Google Office Apps Suite
- Familiar with both Mac/PC (Preferred).
- Familiarity with ASANA preferred
- International and/or Domestic Travel Required
- BlackHouse requires proof of Covid-19 vaccination for all positions that require onsite production work, in office work, or travel.