BlackHouse is an event production agency founded in 2016 with a focus on corporate and experiential events. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution and provide seamless event services to our clients. We live to turn four blank walls into immersive experiences. Our industry recognizes us for our fresh thinking and comprehensive design-to-execution event production. We don’t just plan and produce events – we spark emotional connections to them. This is an opportunity to learn from a group of creative professionals who love the grind of production life and thrive here in this great city, where we get to be a part of some of the dopest experiences for today’s consumers.
We are seeking a highly motivated Marketing & Social Media Intern to join the team in our NYC office. You will contribute to BlackHouse’s marketing campaigns which will include social media marketing and email marketing to targeted industries. You will also assist with the planning and production of internal events for the BlackHouse Tribe. Candidates must be creative, able to produce compelling content, and be detail oriented to manage time well as we work in a fast paced environment. You will need to communicate clearly within our team project, be consistent and concise in our brand messaging.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn research skills and tactics used in multi-channel marketing programs
- Learn the ins and outs of CRM (customer relationship management) software
- Gain the ability to identify target markets & develop marketing strategies
- Exposure to the production of events with fortune 100 brands
- Hands on learning as you contribute to both BlackHouse’s marketing campaigns and event branding for our BlackHouse events.
- Experience designing and implementing social media & email campaigns
- Experience working under an editor to write copy & collaborating with a graphic designer to produce One Sheets and Case Studies for sales team
- Must be a recent graduate or in your junior or senior year.
- Proficient with Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Google Docs & Google Sheets
- Able to perform market research and present your findings clearly. Must be passionate about experiential marketing, PR, social media, copywriting and content creation
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn insights
- Experience with Hootsuite or similar management tools is a big plus
- Organization skills and attention to detail.
- Digitally and socially savvy
- Basic design experience & photo editing a huge bonus
- Have access to a laptop to work remotely
- This is a non-paid internship
- Exciting work environment with flexible hours (2-3) days a week in our Manhattan office
- Opportunities to attend NYC event industry events
- Our office is near 34th Street / Herald Square and we provide beverages and snacks while your at work, and we host a couple team lunches a month
Ready to apply?
- Send your cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com