JOIN OUR TRIBE AS A STAGE MANAGER / SHOWCALLER
BlackHouse is an event production agency that creates experiences that spark connection. We live to turn four blank walls into an immersive experience and produce events that make memories worth framing. We provide innovative solutions, fresh designs, and comprehensive production services for brands, corporations, media agencies and non-profit organizations. Our tribe bridges the gap between ideation and execution, and brings together the best creatives and partners for each event. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who love their craft, and be fully immersed in production life.
Freelance Job Description: BlackHouse is looking for an experienced Freelance Stage Manager/ Showcaller for contract work. As a Stage Manager, you are able to anticipate production changes during live events. During the live event, the Stage Manager is fully responsible for the running of the show on stage or activation, including production cues, set changes, placement of props and talent location. You are also responsible for overseeing the overall condition of stages/activation, ensuring that the production is in a constant state of readiness. Candidates must have the ability to decipher scripts/rundowns as they relate to talent cues and camera assignments; be able to take charge and work in a fast-changing breaking news environment. Must and have shift flexibility and be willing to work long hours when events dictate. The ideal candidate will be interested in a career in events and production and will be comfortable dealing directly with a diverse clientele and working remotely and at the BlackHouse office. Candidate must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively with clients and founders.
Scope & Workflow
- Collaborate with the Account Manager & Technical Director during the pre-production process to asses show assets, scripts, show/event flows, event layouts, talent riders, and production schedules.
- Advise and Communicate with Technical Director regarding all technical components as they relate to the success of the show
- Setting up the stage and making sure it is correctly positioned for assigned showCreating cue sheets and conduct pre-production and onsite paper tech meetings with clients, BH Account Manager, and Technical Director
- Cueing and Calling cameras, audio, video, lighting, fly systems and blocking
- Attend Pre-production and onsite production meetings as needed
- Work with Show Director, Event Producer, Creatives and Account Manager to resolve any issues as they related to technical production as needed
- Manage all talent and client rehearsals. Communicate effectively via clear communication to all appropriate member of the show team.
- During pre-production complete daily time tracking via Harvest as per project guidelines
- Maintain a professional standard and demeanor for all working situations (in office, on-site, remote/calls etc…)
- Follow all company policies within the handbook as they relate to policy, procedure, and general conduct
- Attend BlackHouse in office Orientation and On-boarding meetings
- Attend post-production meetings as needed and complete post-production reports
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a Stage Manager or Showcaller for live events
- Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Needs to work well under the pressure of a live event
- Should have a strong fundamental understanding of video, lighting, and audio production equipment and capabilities.
- Must be able to provide accurate instructions to stage personnel during live events
- Extensive experience in maintaining positive relationships with technical production vendors
- Must be comfortable managing a large team of skilled and highly experienced department leads
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations & maintain a proactive approach to overall project management
- Availability to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and projects in fast-paced, deadline driven environment
- Familiar with both Mac/PC
- Familiar with Power Point and Key Note
- Ideally, but not necessary teaching artist experience
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude
- Commitment and follow- through on delegated tasks
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard