BlackHouse is a NYC based Women & Black owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
Our vision is to create a unique and authentic work environment that allows our tribe to flourish both individually and in their teams. It is our mission to create meaningful experiences for our employees that bring them value both professionally and personally.
Role Summary As Account Manager, you will oversee projects throughout the sales and production process. You will assist with development of client relations, facilitation of the sales process, coordinate of client meetings, tracking deadlines, manage budgeting, and reporting, and deliver all documents, etc. based on the project goals. You will manage client relations by developing strong, loyal, long term client relationships and you will oversee the account and required directives from both a tactical and strategic viewpoint.
- Passion for Sales: You have a love for all aspects of events and closing a deal. You care deeply about guest experience, client satisfaction, and your teams. You have a drive and dedication to thrive in a fast-paced, high pressure agency environment. You love meeting new people, relationship building and delivering outstanding service.
- People Obsessed: You have a passion for deeply understanding clients, staff, and vendors. You are a born problem solver & have an empathetic approach to management.
- Budget Savvy: You have the ability to forecast, develop spreadsheets, crunch numbers, analyze formulas, and cost shift all while maintaining the overall budget.
- Entrepreneurial: You’re a self-starter who takes the lead in getting things done as well as figuring out what needs to be done. You are a multi-tasker with a strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize.
- Operations Mindset: Organized, strategic, process and results driven. You can take an idea and create a plan through implementation…
- Clear Communicator: You have outstanding presentation skills and are able to communicate production strategy verbally and written. You are able to give your teams concise direction and hold staff accountable. At times you are firm…yet fun!
- Collaborative: You’re a master at getting things done cross-functionally and believe it’s about the team, not the individual.
- High-energy: You’re infectiously optimistic and resilient, and bring positivity and forward momentum to any team you join.
- Manage and grow existing accounts
- Prospect for new business through solicitation, networking, cold-calling
- Outreach to new sales leads, cultivate a sales pipeline, manage and grow new accounts
- Educate new and old clients on BlackHouse capabilities, value proposition, executions and best practices
- Assist with production research in order to develop production budget & staff plans
- Create and update sales sheets
- Creating/revising budgets, scope of work proposals, and pitch decks
- Pitching and presenting creative concepts and budgets
- Manage your own portfolio of candidates and clients, both existing and new
- Work with client, agency operations, and legal teams to facilitate the contracting process
- Work with agency bookkeeper to develop estimates, invoices, and assist with tracking client payments
- Be the point of contact for clients to help guide them and effectively communicate the project workflow and communicate to the agency production team all key programming & production milestones as they develop.
- Educate the client on how programing & production changes will shift the budget and present alternatives.
- Communicate deadlines & follow up with clients regarding all deliverables, payment, contracts, signed SOW changes, programing agenda, design assets, design approvals, and program content
- Work with Production team to prepare all client-facing workback schedules, budgets, account status report, communication plans, programing & technical notes for each client meeting.
- Coordinate with Executive Producer, Technical Director to develop the production schedules and update the client workflow & timelines as needed for planning, production | training, and speaker rehearsals.
- Rehearsal & Day of Client direct contact regarding key event updates, changes, questions, concerns.
- Quantify and analyze event day analytics and develop the event wrap report
- Provide budget status reports to the Business Development Director every 2 weeks or if there are considerable SOW changes.
- Manage all clients requests for additional services and production upgrades.
- Pro-Actively work to identify GAP issues to improve processes and create efficiencies
- Communicate to the agency production team all key programming & production milestones as they develop.
- Educate the client on how programing & production changes will shift the budget.
- Provide solutions for challenging client requests.
- Discuss and communicate options for creative, design, logistics, staffing, and escalation plans as needed.
- Post event reporting and analytics.
- 3 years minimum proven experience in a similar sales role managing and growing client relationships and/or account management.
- Significant experience in an events agency environment.
- Proven work experience as an Account Manager, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Junior Account Manager or relevant role.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate, present and influence key stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
- Experienced with virtual event platforms.
- Ability to deliver client-focused solutions to customer needs.
- Proven ability to juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining sharp attention to detail.
- Drive measurable strategies for growth, data collection, quantitative and qualitative analysis, and creative engagement across our portfolio of live and hybrid events.
- Excellent listening, negotiating contracts and presentation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- BA/BS degree in Business Administration, Sales or relevant field
- Proficient in google sheet, docs, and slides
- Experience of managing a range of virtual, hybrid, live event projects (including brand activation, conferences and non-profit events).
- Experience in virtual & live event/experiential marketing is required.
- Experience of video production (desirable).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations & maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
- Experience in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Proven experience being the voice for the company and maintaining exceptional client relationships.
- Thoroughly understand the mechanics behind cross discipline team collaboration.
- Proven experience creating and executing mid to large scale brand experiences, experiential events, campaigns, conferences and activations.
- Proven experience in strategic budget development & management (Required).
- Proven ability to project manage within project management systems like ASANA or Monday.com (desirable)