BlackHouse is a NYC based Women & Black owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
Our vision is to create a unique and authentic work environment that allows our tribe to flourish – both individually and in their teams. It is our mission to create meaningful experiences for our employees that bring them value both professionally and personally.
Role Summary: The Creative Producer is responsible for the development, execution, and management of “creative” deliverables throughout discovery, design, budgeting, pre-production, on-site, and post-production stages of an event. The CP reports directly to the Production Manager, and is guided by the Creative Director, and collaborates with the agency team. They will have some administrative support from the Production Administrator as needed. The CP works closely with the creative department with ideation, accessing concepts for ability to produce, and designing client-facing presentations for the creative process.
The ideal candidate will have excellent presentation skills, with the ability to concisely and accurately explain creative concepts. The CP will be working remotely, performing site visits, and working at times in the BlackHouse office in Long Island City. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively internally with our tribe, externally with clients and partners.
- Collaborate with the tribe in Asana, keeping all project deadlines, tasks and comments up to date in the project so the team has full visibility on statuses.
- Work with the Project Manager regarding the “client timeline” milestones specific to the Run of Show, Creative Process, Entertainment, Fabrication, Printing, and Custom Branded items.
- Develop the client’s ROS throughout pre-production planning and suggest strategies and opportunities to create the guest experience and vibe the client desires.
- Brief the Show Caller when they are onboarded on the ROS and provide any additional info they need to develop the ‘cue to cue” used to call the show.
- Access the ROS to determine any and all show content that may be needed, and create a “content tracker” using the agency template.
- Track all content, updating the sheet periodically and ensuring all contributors are aware of the deadlines and content specifications.
- Responsible for project managing the creative process for all designs, collaborating with the creative department for designs, consulting with the Technical Manager to ensure designs can be technically executed, working with the producer for sourcing rentals, and the project manager for all client deliverables and deadlines.
- TBD with scope progression, designs will include stage set, decals, and signage, custom fabrication, branded swag, graphics/motion graphics for screen content, food packaging, FOH uniforms, etc.
- Consult with the Technical Manager to create and distribute content specifications using the agency’s google doc template.
- Develop concepts for event installations using forward-thinking ideas that create unique branded environments and experiential interactive experiences.
- Attend client pitches to present creative concepts as needed.
- Develop well thought out creative briefs for the various experiences and events.
- Responsible for client slides for presenting creative options / solutions. Collaborate with the Creative Department and Production Manager on the presentation materials and other documents that help to convey the creative concepts developed.
- Ensure creative integrity by clearly articulating and defending conceptual and directional choices.
- Works closely with the Technical Manager to aid in the look and feel of the experience from ideation to build.
- Work closely with the creative & technical department to develop layouts/activations through various methods. (Sketching, Floor Plans, Mood Boards, Modeling, Technical drawings)
- Build and maintain effective client relationships, ensuring that all client’s needs are heard, understood and addressed in a timely manner and clearly articulated to the tribe.
- Update the production budget tracker with the costs related to the creative deliverables you are managing, which will include: Scenic fabrication, printing, branded items, photography, graphic/motion graphic designs, and other custom designed deliverables. Report updates on creative budgets to the Production Manager promptly and consult with them as needed if costs exceed budget.
- Organize and reconcile project expenses in a timely fashion in accordance with company policies.
- Manage RFP process for creative services:
- Clearly communicate the event brief, scope of work requested, pre-pro deadlines, onsite schedules, Covid policy, and any other relevant information in the RFP.
- Set clear deadlines when soliciting bids and provide drawings and supportive documents.
- Track the vendor outreach in the master sheet. Maintain the contact list for each “category” of vendors by adding the info for every vendor you solicit pricing from and include primary contact person’s info with email and phone number.
- As vendor proposals are received, review and access the proposal – IF the vendor should be considered, create a vendor folder, save their proposal, and create a task for the vendor in Asana and link the folder in the description.
- Work with creative and design teams to ensure progress, identify issues and provide solutions.
- Attend project meetings and creative work sessions/brainstorms; facilitate as needed.
- Clearly dictate needs and specificities to printers, production designers and installers and oversee the quality control, safety and effectiveness of installations, fabrications, load-ins and load-out
- Pro-actively debrief project elements when completed.
- Maintain a professional standard and demeanor for all working situations (in office, on-site, remote/calls etc…)
- Follow all company policies within the handbook as they relate to policy, procedure, and general conduct.
- Attend BlackHouse Orientation and On-boarding meetings ( tbd in office or remote ).
- Attend post-production meetings as needed and complete post-production reports.
- Attend client meetings, site visits, and vendor shop visits as needed.
- Responsible for executing the creative vision onsite, managing the event design aspects of the installation and ensuring the designs are installed as sold.
- Serve as creative production lead with all vendors, entertainment, décor, fabricators, photographer.
- Oversee the load-in / install / load-out of all vendors.
- Execute the integrity of the creative treatment in all deliverables.
- A minimum of 4 years experience as a Creative Producer for live events that feature custom designed environments, brand activations and experiential elements.
- A minimum of 4 years of client-facing experience; ability to advise, consult, and resolve any conflict that may arise while still protecting the client relationship
- Ability to show concepts/ideas through various platforms from Google Slides mood boards to sketches to well-written pitches.
- Preferred experience working in an Agency for a minimum of 3 years
- Project Management: 4 years (Preferred)
- Knowledge of all technical production disciplines including; audio, video, lighting, power, internet/networking, scenic/carpentry
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, with an emphasis on InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator, knowledge required for comms with designers / actual skills is a plus.
- Strong skills required in Google Office Apps including Canva, Drive, Calendar, Zoom, Forms, Sheets, Slides, Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, Gmail.
- Extensive experience in maintaining positive relationships with production vendors and deep knowledge of market fair pricing on equipment and labor positions.
- Strong negotiation and reasoning skills.
- Strong knowledge of today’s live experience landscape including corporate events, immersive brand experiences, and festivals.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- An eclectic sense of style and creativity.
- Familiar with both Mac/PC.
- Ability to work in a group environment or independently, with little supervision.
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Commitment and follow- through on delegated tasks.
- Willing to take initiative and resolve problems creatively and resourcefully.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations & maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends as needed per deadlines and deliverables.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs.