BlackHouse is a NYC based Women & Black owned event production agency founded in 2016 with a mission to create experiences worth framing for corporations, brands, and non-profit organizations. Our experiential approach to event design brings our clients message and event programming to life. We bridge the gap between ideation and execution, providing a concierge-like experience for our clients. Working with a tribe of the industry’s elite, we provide comprehensive event production services, specializing in production design, technical production, and show direction. We offer a dynamic work environment, and an opportunity to grow with a group of passionate individuals who live for moments that take your breath away.
Our vision is to create a unique and authentic work environment that allows our tribe to flourish – both individually and in their teams. It is our mission to create meaningful experiences for our employees that bring them value both professionally and personally.
Role Summary The Graphic Designer will be highly creative and is someone who can create visual representations from conceptual ideas. The graphic designer should be able to take direction from written or spoken ideas and convert them into a design that connects. This role will work closely and collaboratively with the Creative Director, Creative Producer and the Production Manager.
Our ideal candidate will have expert knowledge of current design software and be skilled with every step of the design process from concept to the final deliverables. Must be able to multitask in a fast-paced environment, meet quick deadlines, and have excellent verbal and written communication skills to liaise clearly and effectively internally with our tribe, externally with clients and partners.
- Work on a wide range of projects and media, using various computer software to visualize and develop innovative graphic designs that meet business goals
- Obtain input from management, ensuring designs meet BlackHouse standards and brand expectations, express ideas accurately, and represent the company or client appropriately
- Translate strategic direction into high-quality design within an established brand identity
- Develop concepts by hand or with software, and execute original content determining ideal usage of color, text, font style, imagery, and layout
- Certificate or degree in graphic design, art, or similar discipline
- Exceptional creativity and innovative design skills
- 5+ years experience with design software, including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop etc.
- Proven experience with graphic design, with a strong portfolio of work
- Organizational and time-management skills for meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong knowledge of today’s live experience landscape including corporate events, immersive brand experiences, and festivals.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
- Multi-tasker with the ability to prioritize multiple requests and projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment.
- An eclectic sense of style and creativity.
- Familiar with both Mac/PC.
- Ability to work in a group environment or independently, with little supervision.
- Self-starter with a roll up your sleeves type and adaptable attitude.
- Results-oriented strategic and conceptual thinker.
- Must be passionate about event production life and willing to work hard.
- Ability to keep a professional demeanor in high-stress situations & maintain a proactive approach to overall project management.
- Availability to work evenings, weekends as needed per deadlines and deliverables.